This is a not a transcript I have paraphrased. It is much better to watch as the dripping sarcasm and tone of Mr. Martinez’s voice are important.
- Main themes: JA is a manipulator, a liar and nothing is her fault.
- This individual killed Travis and even after stabbing him over and over and slashing his throat and even after shooting him she will not let him rest in peace. Now she uses lies.
- She looked at the jurors and lied directly to them (re: gas cans).
- Relationships- She manipulates the facts. She moved in with Bobby (who cheated) and I was so good (sarcasm) and lived in a trailer (never mind I was skipping school). She hits the backspace button to read his private e-mails (not her fault there isn’t better security on the computers in the library) just as she did with Travis. She immediately went to Bobby and confronted him.
- She staged the scene for the police.
- She uses the media, craves the limelight. She autographed her manifesto for when famous. Said: ‘No jury will convict me.’ Now let’s bask in the light of the truth. See who she really is. A manipulator. She wants to play the victim even though there’s no abuse. Her own e-mail said she was destructive.
- After Bobby she got with Matt. It’s not her fault she’s a good worker, a waitress and someone comes in and tells her things (what she wants you to believe just like with the Travis’ story, it repeats because she’s lying. She’s trying to manipulate you.
- Derryl- not her fault he doesn’t want to marry or have more kids. How can it be her fault that people have free will? She looks for someone else. Those Mormon boys are a good catch- family values, successful and to Travis’s misfortune he was that boy. Wanted a Mormon, a child- perfect catch.
- He (Travis) was so sexually interested in her (not her fault the word ‘No’ is not in her lexicon). She was thinking ‘No’- at least that’s what she told you. Never communicated to him. Manipulates and pretends to be the victim. She can’t point the finger enough that Travis was a bad Mormon. Why not leave if he is so bad? You are Mormon too.
10. She converted and had classes/met with missionaries. Not her fault they didn’t tell her (Law of Chastity). Travis is the bad guy- he said it was ok. In conceivable- she’s in the same situation. She wants your sympathy.
11. This relationship was long distance. She couldn’t reach out and shot him in the face. She stalked him and showed up unannounced.
12. They weren’t mutually exclusive so it’s ok to send texts to other women. But it’s ok after his Memorial to talk to a guy on the airplane and get a phone number. After all, the guy she was with up and died after she stabbed, slit throat and shot him.
13. Travis did see her and have sex. They are trying to shock you. He does what others do behind closed doors and he doesn’t want people to know.
14. On Feb. 14 she talks about her violent tendencies. One of the things she doesn’t talk about is receiving the package. It’s 4:30 – 5 pm (if mail is slow in Palm Desert) and there’s no mention of Spiderman underwear, no ‘Thank you’ for the chocolates, no such delivery. It can’t be verified- but she will make things up. She forgot about the e-mail. With the truth you don’t have to remember nothing.’ She can’t show the undies…she threw them away.
15. When she came over in Feb. she was ‘happy.’ Why did she have to go through his computer and hit ‘back-space?’ It’s not her fault, it’s his fault he has contact with men and women and how dare he attempt to spend New Year’s Eve with someone- he should be in a hut somewhere.
16. They are on vacation. She goes through his phone. One of the things she liked about him was he was social. There’s no names of anyone having sexual contact with him at that time. So that justified it, this person with borderline- so that’s it. We’re gonna break up (and she’s oozing through those fake tears on the stand) – yeah, I’m really hurt but let’s go on vacation anyway. She wants to curb his free will. But she’s not letting him go that easy. She moves close to him after the break-up. The stalking begins. Well, before she did the phone and the computer the first day they were officially boyfriend – girlfriend. There was stalking behavior from the beginning.
17. She’s in Mesa. Why is she here? He’s so persuasive he talked her into it. She just can’t say ‘No.’ According to her he asked her. When here rather than dating and being social she begins to be more attentive, perhaps then she’ll be the only one.
18. August 2007 she goes to his house unannounced. Peeps in the windows. By the light of the TV (now the light of truth) she sees them kissing. That is the end of the world. So what? He’s entitled to do it. The lights are off and he’s moved on. She could’ve left or never come in the first place. She’s so upset- sees the bra unhooked…so what is she? The Mormon conscious? She wants to manipulate your perception. Ruin his reputation. She comes back the next day (they are broken up) it’s ok to peep but she wants an explanation. What explanation did he ever owe her at that point?
19. The first domestic violence (DV) event she didn’t write because she’s a nice person. Or the Law of Attraction. You lie. It’s ok to lie to your journal- you’re lying to yourself. She’s making it up. There’s no corroboration of any incident.
20. Exploitive sex. She regaled us with these intimate details but she’s ‘uncomfortable?’ In the texts she’s the one requesting the sexual acts. ‘If you’re good…’ They were both in it. He never forced her to do anything. It’s an attempt to manipulate you.
21. The physical violence ‘wasn’t so bad’ so she didn’t write. No one knows, sees, no police calls – had a similar situation with Bobby and after calling 911 they didn’t come out. Justification. No 911 calls. Because it never happened. Everything in this case points to it did not happen. No medical records.
22. March 2008 she’s leaving and he hits her. In journal he ‘didn’t want me to leave’ and ‘gave me 3 tender kisses.’ Kissing is domestic violence. Then an apologist like Alyce LaViolette says: ’those words don’t mean what they say.’ Law of Attraction- it means just the opposite.
23. Jan. 22- DV – no corroboration. Says in journal ‘nothing noteworthy has happened.’ You are being asked to make a leap.
24. April 2008 another DV incident. She doesn’t tell anyone. She was very specific as to 4 of them. If telling the truth you don’t need to remember nothing. ’She told Dr. Karp there were 10, 15, 20 incidents of DV at that point for PTSD. What’s true? None of it is true. She’s manipulating the evidence. Karp said she had PTSD based on these DV acts. Not actually an attempt to manipulate- they are lies!
25. She moves and it’s like a ray of sunshine for Travis. When she was here she came over unannounced, broke into accounts and hid behind his Christmas tree.
26. May 10th– the sex tape. It’s very important to hear how she deals with him. He doesn’t know he’s being recorded. He can’t listen to it so what’s the benefit? Yes, he said some things, it was a private conversation between he and her even though they were broken up and she had stalked. He enjoys the sexual contact. She introduced him to certain things and opened his eyes sexually. What’s wrong is one is recording it. You can listen, draw your own conclusions. She kept it.
27. May 19 2008 Travis i-m’s Regan that he’s ‘extremely afraid of Jodi because of her stalking behavior. He has less than a month to live. He knows what’s going on between them. Alyce said it wasn’t true. She can read minds from the past and know what Travis is thinking. No- Jodi is manipulating. It says: ‘Jodi-read this.’
28. It was pre-meditated-who would know better than him? The peeping, tires, ring stolen, Christmas tree.
29. May 26. Well, he’s mean to her. That’s correct- he’s extremely afraid when those names are called. ‘I’m nothing more than a dildo with a heartbeat’ that’s how she made him feel. He feels derogatory to himself. She manipulates with sex. May 26 he tells her. She apologizes to him and all is supposed to be forgiven. He’s had enough. “I don’t want your apology, I want you to understand what I think of you. He’s afraid and he does think she’s evil. And look at the next words- how prophetic: ‘You are the worst thing that has ever happened to me.’ Any doubt that’s the truth? Do we need to look at pictures of his slashed throat? His frog-like crumpled up state in the shower- bullet in the temple? Yes he’s angry over everything she’s done to him. Like she‘s manipulated you with the gas cans- she lied. Then he says ‘you are a sociopath’ that expresses his feelings. ‘You only cry for yourself- you saw her cry on the witness stand. She never expected to get caught! ‘You have never cared about me…you have betrayed me.’ He believes she has done something horrific. He’s done with her. ‘You’re sick and you have scammed me.’ Are you going to allow her to scam you- buy the lies?
30. May 28 (2 short days after) there’s a plan. No doubt she’s intelligent. She could buy a gun but in California there’s a waiting period. She indicated it. Knows her grandfather has guns. Begins the actual steps to Mesa to kill Travis. There’s no other explanation- she stole it, a very small gun ‘looks like a toy.’ The burglary was strange- they went through four rooms talking one thing from each room. Didn’t take money, left the large guns – rifle. Burglars don’t do that. The burglar is Jodi Arias sitting right there (points) and she needs a gun that can’t be traced. She began to take these steps after the text where he had had enough of her.
31. Money is tight, she needs to use credit cards. People can’t link her to Arizona. She calls Derryl. He still has feelings for her. He gulped before talking about the call where she says she’s going to Mesa. Alyce has the same in her notes. She needed gas cans. Alyce thought it was supposed to be an unplanned visit.
32. Utah- Ryan…no one will know she was in Arizona. Gets 2 gas cans from Derryl. Rents a car from 90 miles away. Says Priceline didn’t offer same deal in Yreka. Her bank statement says she used Budget. She used Priceline for the flight to Travis’ Memorial. She lied to you. People won’t recognize her in Redding. Won’t be recognized at an airport. Gets a nice little red car. Says she’s just driving ‘around town.’ Red gets the attention of police and we certainly don’t want that. She’s on a mission to kill somebody. Why would you take a gun if not to kill this guy?
33. They have sex down in the office. She scratched the CD- he throws it. He gets mad at everything! Why take these CD’s? To show who- other than him? She planned it- it’s a good way/excuse to show up…’the only reason I dropped by…’ She left Yreka with the CD’s but forgot when attempting to manipulate from the stand. She had to take those CD’s from her house then put in her car then in rental.
34. The red car- police will see her. She was stopped by police in West Jordan. Wants to hide she’s going to Mesa because she’s going to kill him. Nobody would be upset if she showed up in Mesa…not the Bishop, not her family. Only reason is to kill. She makes preparations…you gotta tip your hat to her. The white car- gonna drive around…a field of lies sprouted around her on the witness stand.
35. Spends a night at Matts, then Derryls. Got gas cans. Gas cheaper in Utah, Arizona- that was one of her reasons…so why fill them in Pasadena? For taking the drive to Mesa with no evidence she was here.
36. Takes a detour- with some afterthought. A meticulous approach to killing. Buys a gas can in Walmart. Admits it. $12.96…I guess that’s the price of pre-meditation today. She is very specific: “I took it back to the same store that day.” JM: “Would it surprise you there’s no record of a return?” JA: “Yes it would, I got money back.” Why did she you tell you that? It’s pre-meditated…going to Mesa with a gun and knife. Knives are not in the bathroom.
37. She doesn’t want to be recognized. (He puts up pic of her with dog, her hair has blond streaks). You don’t need anybody to tell you her hair color believe your eyes. She’s pre-meditating the murder. The state doesn’t even need to prove a whole plan like this, just that she thought about it. Now she can freely drive through Mesa.
38. ‘Mr. Alexander guilted me into coming.’ Not her fault. She told him she was going to Utah. Problem is her word. Do we really know what he told her on that call? Or did she call to see who’s there and what he’s doing? Did he even know she was coming? Are you gonna take her word- she has no problem telling lies. ‘Yeah I was fakin’ it’…Squealing like a cat…’because I need 2 hands.’
39. She lies outside the courtroom and on the witness stand. She looked each one of you in the eyes and lied to you. Gas cans, Priceline, the finger- he kicked me (but no medical). Cut at Casa Ramos or Margaritaville on a metal edge or a glass, or June 4th at Travis’ on a glass. What story are you gonna believe?
40. Something bizarre and coincidental – a hoard of skateboarders that carry screwdrivers (or you’re not allowed in the club). Get a Strawberry Frappe and things will happen to your plate. ‘I was pulling put and saw something flat on the ground. What would motivate you to go pick it up if you’re concerned with safety and you don’t know what it is? She didn’t even look at the back plate. Then it was a rectangle. No suspicion it’s for your car- why get outside of car and go back? When you’re lying – that’s when you do that. She didn’t compare the numbers, she takes it so now you’re a thief. In Utah one is upside down. So she can’t be identified. Can’t see because I need glasses, picks it up with bugs on it…thought it was mine. Who does that? No one does that! Because she got stopped and has to explain, so she made up a story.
41. Fills cans in Pasadena to get enough gas to get through Arizona. She said she stopped for gas. There is no evidence of it. She turned off the phone so she can’t be traced. Lost the charger…bought one at a store (that’s what she told Ryan) when cleaning up (from killing Travis) she found the charger under the seat. There is no electronic or physical trail of her being here. She knows she was coming to kill him. No need to stop the phone, she loves the phone. Has a white car, gun and a knife.
42. She shows up to see him. She admitted she lied like that’s good. She knows the code 0187. She didn’t knock on the front door or peep in the back window. There’s no indication he came to the door. It’s 4 am. Remember she said ‘I came in and stood by the door and watched him for 30-45 seconds.’ Who does that? Some stalker- unannounced- to surprise. The dog barks. ‘Hello.’ Brings purse in- big enough for gun and knife. They go to sleep. No sex? The sex fiend? ‘I was tired.’ She said no and he abided. They slept. The next day they have sex. Dr. Samuels says the photos were taken when she was straddling him. She tells him Travis had pictures of all these breasts on his computer.
43. He didn’t go to Yreka, she drove there. The camera- Thank God for the camera! Religious overtones. It’s all about him nothing about her. About the Mormon faith- she wants to manipulate you. He’s holding himself out as a virgin. With Deanna they transgressed and went to the Bishop and never did it again. The willing partner is right here…1 hand or 2 hands…she enjoyed it. (Shows pic of her naked on bed) Her face- can you tell by her grimacing face if that’s a bad face? The psych’s said that. It’s all about Travis. She never wanted to do it- it was all him. She was enjoying it so stop pointing a finger at him! Being a Mormon isn’t being a human? The finger points at both. That’s not what this case is about. Travis adopted what she provided (KY) what she introduced.
44. Shower pics- she says Travis wanted to show off his body. She told Detective Flores that he really didn’t want to, he was reluctant. She told him she loved the way he shaved- old fashioned. She got him into the shower- it was more her idea than his. Think back to Derryl- he was asked if she ever took photos of him and he said only once, ‘I didn’t want them, I was in the shower.’ She takes photos…sexy…ill will there. Armed with both the knife and gun at that point. It’s ‘Calvin Klein’ the water dripping…it’s bucolic. That’s not what’s going on.
45. The rope. 20’ long tied to the bed. Depends on who whether tied at wrists or ankles and wrists. She’s making it up to justify the knife there. Why ankles? Then wrists and ankles? She changes positions- she has a lot to remember. There’s NO ROPE! She would’ve had to move to clean up the bedroom, wet with water and blood and go into bedroom and leave a trail. Nothing’s there.
46. The last photo of Travis (seated in shower) while still living. Quite a legacy. Defenseless- no gun, no knife. No dignity either. If anybody’s defenseless it isn’t Jodi Arias. His killer standing there dressed with a camera. Part of this story of hers is this is an accidental photo but look at the acuity/sharpness. She held camera firmly and pushed the button. She has him in that position, she can approach him. It’s her with the man she just had sex with and planned to kill May 28. Although pre-meditation requires thinking, not a plan, not days. It’s cold, without feeling pre-meditation, intimate with and attacks. Shot to head? Forensics say otherwise.
47. She lied to the police, the experts and here. Now we believe her with this one aspect? The cuts (knife) were in front, defensive wounds. He was alive. A knife wound to the heart, he’s not dying immediately, blood’s coming from his mouth. In a sense she’s already killed him. We know he gets up because throughout the bathroom everywhere there’s blood- that equals movement. Not ‘flopping if the fish’ but purposeful movement to save his life. As this time goes by there’s pre-meditation. After the first stab wounds he ambulates (she didn’t carry him to the sink) he goes there by himself. (Photo of the blood on the sink). The sink with his blood after he’s been stabbed. There’s patterns on this photo, injuries to the hands, more on the left…the smudge. Slight injury to right hand. He’s still alive but he’s still bleeding. There’s drops by gravity. Blood in his mouth. He’s stabbed in the back while there (pics) and the back of the head as he stands at the sink. Took time…he stood there. The defendant was there with the knife stabbing him. The mirror has blood spatter. Force was applied to his head (pic) when he was standing there- spatter on the mirror. He’s not dead. Still standing there. She came to visit him. (Pic) Blood transfer…the item with blood was Mr. Alexander. It’s a rainbow. Ironic, no good luck at the end of that rainbow.
48. He’s stumbling with somebody after him. He’s trying to get away from her. (Juan sees JA crying) Oh, she may cry now on instructions sympathy is not to be considered. Blood on the other wall, more at the bottom. She chases him down, that’s what she did. He’s still alive. How many stab wounds? Do we need to count? One to the chest will kill him. The back of the head, his back, accelerating his departure from earth. The end of his rainbow. That’s what she does (pic) slits his throat from ear to ear. He got there by his own movements as he tried to get away from her. He collapses. She goes for the throat. And you want to believe she doesn’t remember now? Why is she so directed if it’s just heat of passion? You wouldn’t have a directed hit to kill it would be all over the place. Indication of thinking. I caught him and now (pic). This was a well-orchestrated killing and it took time. People think…now stabbed, he tried to get away, at the sink, the mirror is reflective of what’s behind him. He’s seeing her stabbing him. She’s not done with him yet.
Part 3-1. The shot took place near the sink. The knife wounds had to be first. No blood in the wound track. The heart wasn’t beating.