According to “tawni dilly” on Twitter the judge has vacated the March 17th trial date for Arias due to the fact that the prosecutor, Juan Martinez has a conflict with another case. Just another unfortunate delay in this constantly delayed trial.
Yes, people other than her lawyers are actually going to see her! On the excellent website ‘Justice For Travis’ (link below) they have posted a log of the people who have been visiting Jodi in jail. I never cut and paste from another site, that’s like stealing, but I will entice you to go there with some interesting tidbits:
1. There are more ‘friends’ visiting than official people or family members. I wonder if any of these ‘friends’ will stand up for her in court.
2. Most of the ‘friends’ visiting are male. This is creepy…are they expecting to have a relationship with this psycho? I mean we saw how her last one turned out!
3. The log goes from May to October and in October no family members visited. Are they distancing themselves or is this a ploy to prove she has zero support from her family for the upcoming trial? You know, like she said last time.
4. An investigator visited in August and September. Wonder what he/she is up to?
5. Wilmott seems to have taken the lead as she visits more often than Nurmi who did not visit at all in June, July, August, September or October.
6. There are more Doctors visiting-Wilmott brought in 3, one who testified in the trial and is a friend of Alyce LaViolette. Here we go again…
If you go to the link please scroll down to January 31 post. Also read the comments- some very smart people on there. Also you may want to know that posting a list or her visitors is not a problem as it is all public records- thank you Maria K. for getting this info!
We finally have a date for the retrial of the penalty phase in the Jodi Arias murder trial. Judge Stephens set the retrial for March 17th, but expect at least two weeks for jury selection. There will be no live streaming or media of any kind (including live tweets) so I will post updates as I get them. I have a link below -you may want to watch the video, the gentleman claims this was never a death penalty case I beg to differ!
Wow…just wow! I have been reading the tweets from Jodi’s former cellmate and it’s very interesting. Here’s some of the goo stuff (and the link below for more!)
1. She catches Jodi in lies – about her brother running her facebook accounts.
2. Jodi apparently admitted her own Twitter account is a lie.
3. Casandra (the cellmate) says she “…will continue to speak the truth and expose my former cellmate Jodi Arias for the dangerous person she is today!”
4. Implies Jodi admitted lying to Troy Hayden (FOX news).
5. Made threats regarding the prosecutor- Juan Martinez.
6. Asks her if she is “…in a fog again?”
7. Says “I NEVER (1) time ever witnessed Jodi Arias cry…and I lived with her for 37 days!” (No surprise there).
8. Apparently Casandra and Jodi got into a Twitter war but Jodi has since deleted all her responses. I’m pretty sure they are still out there somewhere. And that the prosecution will use them. (Oh- I just figured out that if you press the little “View Conversation” on the comments by Casandra in the link below you can still see some of Jodi’s comments!)
9. Casandra says: “Jodi has no moral compass.” (Knew that too).
10. Says Jodi demonstrated no remorse and bragged openly that she murdered Travis Alexander.
There is more so check out the link- you will have to scroll down.
Things are getting interesting as the trial nears. The best info out there tends to be on the Justice for Travis facebook page (I have the link below). I do not think it is right to copy entire articles as that robs the original authors so please check out the link (I will give you just a hint of the stuff that’s going on).
1. Jodi is selling wrist bands. She should be selling Ginsu Knives.
2. She also got into a Twitter Debate with her ex-cell mate (there is a link on the site below). Then she deleted her tweets…but the prosecutor can still find them! Her celly had claimed she wanted Juan Martinez killed.
3. Jodi is now featured on the series “Snapped’ – Oxygen channel. Though I am pretty sure this was not a case of snapping…when you travel from North California to Arizona with a gun and a knife that’s not snapping in my book.
4. Steven Alexander wrote to the site below (you will need to scroll down a ways) and mentioned the trial is due to start mid- February and that the family wants to see justice done.
We certainly have waited long enough for it.
Judge Stephens finally made some rulings- all of which I am unhappy with. She has eliminated live feeds which I used to base all my summaries on during the trial. She also said no to twitter during the trial so I can’t update that way either. The good news- she can’t fire Nurmi and the trial will stay in Phoenix. She has still not ruled on the re-trial of the penalty phase date. I’m guessing next year some time, if it even happens. Here’s a a link to the article: http://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa/free/20131115judge-bans-live-tv-coverage-jodi-arias-retrial.html
This is getting ridiculous! Today they had a closed door meeting to address issues that were supposed to be addressed the last three times and guess what? No resolution. What is the point? Well at least the defense is getting some more money. I have linked the article about today’s hearing and it is worth a read. It brings up how silly it is for the defense to want to deny media access when the defendant was all over the media. They also want to sequester the jurors, move the trial and monitor the jurors twitter accounts. Read the article for Mr. Martinez’s response. He is the only voice of reason.
Yes, judge Stephens has postponed this coming Monday’s pretrial hearing until October 4. Will this ever end?
Thanks @WitchyTweets for the link:
Photo of Nurmi and Arias- courtesy ABC News
Today the defense filed yet another motion to move the trial out of Phoenix. They said a fair and Impartial jury can’t be found in Maricopa County due to the “plethora of unrestrained and bombastic coverage of the previous proceedings.” Sounds like Kirk Nurmi is on a mission to add more ‘pennies to his kettle’ (Juan Martinez quote). Other recent motions include wanting the Twitter account info of the jurors and restricting cameras in the court. Hopefully these motions, and the date of the retrial of the penalty phase will be addressed on September 16. I won’t hold my breathe.
In court this morning judge Stephens once again pushed back the date to set a retrial for the penalty phase- it is now set for September 16th. Apparently the judge wants to read over the motions first. The motions are about getting the Twitter handles of the jurors and not allowing cameras in the courtroom. According to Jeffrey Gold, esq., the Twitter request may be allowed but to eliminate the cameras would “Be acknowledging error.” As usual we will have to wait and see.
(Thanks to Twitter- @jeffgoldesq and @WildAboutTrial for the info)