- N (Nurmi) brings up the laws of Chastity and Attraction.
- He goes over her many breakups and how they were not violent.
- N tries to get the suicide letters in.
- N goes over the torn journal pages and why she wouldn’t write anything negative about Travis.
- She says the church encouraged dating.
- She was not jealous of his relationships with other women. She thought he was taking a babysitter to Cancun. She didn’t want to marry him (though he asked her over the phone).
- She says Travis wanted her to keep the gun a secret and tries to get in that it belonged to his Dad.
- She says there was never a knife in her car.
- She claims JM (Juan Martinez) makes her shake.
10. She lied to Protect Travis and herself.
- JM goes over the oath that she took.
- Proves she was in Salt Lake City and looks like she purchased enough gas for her car and 3 gas cans.
- JM says Walmart has no record of a returned gas can.
- JM starts asking about her RH finger injury from her job at Casa Ramos. She claims she got a bandaid from the manager but never filed any work injury report as they were a small business (4-5 restaurants). JM does not buy it.Session 2:
- 1. JM brings up the fact that she does remember having the knife in her hand at one point. She argues with him saying she doesn’t remember gripping the knife…eventually she has to admit it must have been in her hand for her to have dropped it and remembered the sound of it hitting the tile floor. She doesn’t want to agree with anything JM has to say.
- JM asks her about where her shoes went- did she leave them behind as she did not have them on when she stopped in the desert. She does not remember.
- JM gets her to admit she put gas in the car on the way to Nevada but then she back tracks and says she must have, but she does not remember. He is trying to prove she used the gas cans at that point.
- JM mentions that everything that has something to do with the case she managed to get rid of.
- Doesn’t remember if the gun was in a holster or box—she says there never was a box.
- She admitted buying a gun for protection for a camping trip with all guys (though she claims they were still asking people and there eventually may have been some girls). JM says she did not need to go on the trip (why go if you are so afraid you need a gun?) She claims her violent encounters with Travis were part of the reason for the gun.
- JM brings up her claim to have read and followed the Book of Morman. When it came to caffeine she stopped drinking it. JM had her read about lying and she had to say that if you lie you are “more or less condemned to Hell.”
- JM brings up fight after Dan Freeman removes items from her backpack (they argue over when the actual fight started). She had said Travis said “Fuck you” to her that day and that was when she realized he was not father material but JM got her to admit she had used the exact same words against Travis.
- JM got her to admit she had no problem ignoring the Law of Chastity even when she was clear on it saying (re: sex) if it’s wrong I don’t want to be right.
10. JM asks again about why she never called 911 regarding abuse from Travis. They went over the incident with Bobby and her 911 call. She admits there was nothing stopping her from calling 911. She also admits she never took any pictures of injuries although she did take pics of her hurt finger from work. She says she didn’t take pics because she was ashamed of those.
11. JM points out that the closet shelves are sitting on pins (and he throws in they are made to hold 40 lbs). He points out if she had put her weight on like she said the shelf would have tipped over. But nothing on the shelves is out of place. She insists she just stepped on the edge briefly.
12. They go back and forth over whether she thought the gun was loaded (her story was ‘unloaded’ to the jury earlier, now she’s not so sure). JM asks her “if you thought the gun was unloaded what were you going to do with it…throw it at him?”
13. JM tells her you know you have to have your finger on the trigger to shot the gun. He says: “You shot him in the head and killed him right?” and she answers “yes”.
14. JM rests.
(Jury Questions will be added later).