Getting inside the minds of the jurors is one of the most interesting parts of a trial. I have transcribed about half of the questions from the pdf- you can use the link at the bottom of this post to read the rest. You will find some of these questions are mixed with ones that were asked. Also there are the handwritten questions delivered to the judge during the deliberations (p.25-27)
1. Considering all the lies you’ve told and admitted to, would you consider yourself a pathological liar?
2. What pets did you have as a child? Did you ever intentionally hurt a pet or animal?
3. If the defendant feels she has a high I.Q – is it possible she would try to outsmart psychological tests?
4. Do you feel you should be punished for what transpired on 6/4/08?
5. For LaViolette: You say Travis gives no indication of being stalked-displays no fearful behaviour and continues his contact w/ Jodi of his own accord. How do you reconcile Jodi’s claim of D.V if she continues her contact w/Travis of her own accord? Where was her fearful behaviour?
6. Is there a type of stalking, or what could be considered stalking, that a person is comfortable around someone in person or when they are speaking with them, but are afraid of what they do or what they or what they are capable of when they are not around? Is this a possibility of this in the relationship between Jodi & Travis?
7. A lot of your testimony has been based on what Jodi has told you. It has been proven that Jodi has lied multiple times since killing Travis. How are you able to know everything she is saying is truthful?
8. Did you ever see any proof that Travis physically abused Jodi?
9. Isn’t it possible that Jodi didn’t write some of those incidents in her journal because they never happened?
10. You stated that you spoke to Jodi’s friends and family early on. Did you ever speak to Travis’s friends and family to find out more about who he was? If no don’t you feel that would have been important?
11. If something is premeditated is amnesia more or less likely to occur?
12. How could you be a sister to Matt, someone you had sex in the past?
13. Why didn’t you read the Book of Mormon to see what you were and weren’t allowed to do?
14. Why did you ask Travis about everything you did?
15. Why did you start a relationship with Ryan Burns when you said earlier ” When I am with one guy I don’t see other guys”?
16. Would it be possible to see what Jodi’s hand looks like when draped over a shoulder now?
17. Were you paid for the interviews with 48 Hours and Inside Edition?
18. You testified that Travis gave you the Book of Mormon at Starbucks. Did you read it thoroughly? If so, when?
19. Does the Book of Mormon go into detail regarding the Vow of Chastity?
20. Where did the information about Travis ‘being a flirt come from?
21. Where do the date and the time stamps on the text messages come from? Are they “send’ dates? Why would he say “Goodnight” at 8:13 am?
22. Was the gun that was used to kill Mr. Alexander found in Ms. Aries posession?
23. In regards to the knife or gun used…was Mr. Alexander’s old BMW searched?
24. Did you feel that Travis’ job interferred with your relationship mainly with regards to travel & phone calls?
25. If you were shocked to hear Travis was a virgin, why did you break up with him after you found out he was cheating on you?
26. Are date and time stamps on photo’s taken by digital cameras able to be manuallly changed and/or manipulated?-1. before photos are taken? 2-after photos are taken?
27. Who was involved in all the tire slashings? ie-Travis, You, Mimi, Lisa. Who’s vehicles were damaged?
28. You stated you were aware that the police recorded the calls because an attorney told you. Can you tell us when you were told this and how the subject came up?
29. After all the lies you have told, why should we believe you now?
30. What happened to the suicide letters you wrote to your Grandmother?
31. Were you kneeling when you dropped the camera?
32. When Travis stepped out of the shower to attack you was he wet? If so, did he slip at all on the tile in the bathroom or hallway?
33. When entering the closet, why didn’t you just go in the door closest to you?
34. Do you know how tall the ceiling in Travis’s closet was?
35. Was the gun in a case or just laying on the shelf?
I will probably transcribe the rest of these questions for a second post, but if you would like to see them now here is the link: