- N (Nurmi) begins with JA taking responsibility by testifying including admitting that she did kill Travis (in self defense).
- N tries to show that her finger looks the same in photo as it does now if she is in the same position (demonstrated with attorney). She also shows a picture of an injury to her right hand index finger from June she says she got from moving margarita glasses (implying this is what Ryan saw in Utah). She doesn’t recall having any injury to her left hand in Utah.
- N leads her through some texts and the memorial note she left about praising Travis. Talks about how their relationship went from sex to romantic love to platonic love. Mentions the time she woke up and Travis was in her. She felt put on a pedestal and N brings in pedestal at one time and on the ground (being kicked) at another time. N brings up the Law of Chastity and she reminds us that Travis told her anal and oral were okay.
- Though broken up she was still concerned about STD’s and that is (supposedly) now why she wanted to confront Travis after seeing him with another woman. Then she went on to say he had given her the okay to stop by that night. She also said that she later did not to confront Travis because he chastised her, therefore she was in fear and felt intimidated.
- N brings up when JA saw a girl through the window. JA felt Travis was still courting her as he (according to her) promised to change, went out on dates, went out on his birthday, and he gave her the money to move to Mesa as well as storing some of her stuff.
- Talk about her weekend with John Dixon. Travis was upset as Dixon was not a church member.
- SEX: N is trying to prove that Travis has had previous experience with women. All of this is based on her word. She had said after first oral sex (on her) that he knew what he was doing. She said he led her to believe he had had more partners than her. She felt the BJ in the car wasn’t his first time as he put the visor down to see in the mirror. She said he bragged about knowing the female anatomy. Says he also compared her to another woman. Her prior history re: anal was 4 times before she met Travis. She says she didn’t ask for anal after the baptism and it was painful- no lube, may have used spit. Says she enjoyed the physical part of sex “sometimes.” N goes through a list of times when JA only did the sex act to pleas Travis, such as the Toblerone after the “facial and her feeling like a prostitute” after the weekend of sex. She says she continued to have sex with Travis after the pedo incident to help him feel normal. She explains the ‘horny school girl’ text she sent him as part of a long text where they were trying to outdo one another. She says she had never dressed up for anyone until Travis. N brings in an edited piece of the sex tape. It has what I would call highlights of some of the graphic stuff said by Travis, including the tying to a tree and the cream pie (which she says she had never heard of). She says she wasn’t comfortable with taking pics (or video) unless they would be deleted. She claims she did many things she did not enjoy just to please Travis.
- Regarding fidelity- she was not disloyal to Travis by making out with Ryan as they weren’t boyfriend/girlfriend at the time. She claims Travis was with other women when they were still having sex. She implies Travis wanted a 3-some with some girl named Shetanya (sp) and is cut off by the prosecutor. This never comes back up.
HER JOURNAL: JA explains that some pages have been torn out by her; in one case due to a description of a weekend she had with Dixon. Apparently Travis (who she claims read her Journal) was upset over it. She also said the Mormons were big on Journals and she wanted someday to pass it down. She explains that due to the ‘Law of Attraction’ she didn’t want to put anything negative in her Journal, also because Travis might read it. And she was protecting Travis so no mention of abuse or pedo incidents. Also the law of Attraction says if you want positivity then be positive and so that is why she put only positive things about Travis. N shows the August 26 entry where she says: “I love Travis so completely I don’t know any other way to be…” and there are highlights. JM objects. She writes about not tolerating negative statements about her friends or Travis. Later she talks of her range of emotions and suicide he (Travis) makes me sick and he makes me happy…this darkness is the result of my own creation. “I just wish I could die.”